Thursday, February 16, 2012

Native Food Controversy: Genetically Modified Salmon


I have meaning to write about this for some time, but I home school my little one, so I've not had a lot of time to write much of late.  I don't have a great deal of time to write much here either, but this morning I got a email from Move On about the seriously pending FDA approval of allowing supermarkets to stock genetically modified salmon (it's the Atlantic type, which is all but extinct in the wild) without having to label it as such.  Now, obviously I lot of people, both native and non-native have serious issues with genetically modified native foods--and genetically modified food in general, but that is really a separate issue from the one of label requirements by the FDA.  Right now, that is the issue that needs to be addressed.  They sent a link to a petition on SignOn.org.  So I really thought it was my duty to post it.  Please read it, and if you feel comfortable, sign it.  Wado (thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment